…to the STEM+ Education Research community at Michigan State University. This is a space for STEM education researchers – including anyone who identifies with science education, DBER, SoTL, scholarly teaching and similar domains of scholarship. Let’s build community, co-create, and share the workload of becoming a nationally recognized, university-wide space for innovation in STEM education research.
Check out the items below to see what’s going on in the MSU STEM+ Education Research community. If you would like to participate in the community, here is how you can you can join our STEM+ Education Research group:
Register for the Commons
Join the STEM+ Education Research Group
- Go to the STEM+ Education Research Group: https://commons.msu.edu/groups/stem-education-research-state/
- Click the JOIN button to join the group.
- Learn more about groups: Join Groups in the Commons
Explore the Groups for Next Steps
- Click on the Welcome and Introductions post.
- Add a reply to introduce you, your work, and your interests!
- Learn more about the Group: Explore the Group for Next Steps
STEM+ Ed Research Lunches
Whether you are engaged in Disciplinary Based Education Research, Scholarship of Teaching and Learning, other STEM+ education related research, or thinking about how to better evaluate learning in your course, this may be the group for you! Each month this group will meet to review work by members of the community, critique possible approaches, and brainstorm for new collaborative research and funding opportunities. We will meet 12-1:30pm in the STEM Building Generator Room (2110), second Weds. of the month. To participate in the lunch, please register here:
October 12, 2022: REGISTER
November 12, 2022: Register
Michigan State University is home to a dynamic community of STEM Education research. Check out our Researcher Profiles, links to news items, and opportunities!
- STEM+ Ed@State Fall 2022 OfferingsDear Dear STEM+ Teaching, Ed Researcher & STEAM Enthusiast Colleagues, Welcome to the Fall Semester! Hopefully, you had some time to refresh over the summer. There are many new opportunities that have been added to our fall line-up to connect you to the larger community of STEM+ faculty and education researchers across campus. We look forward to learning with […]
- NEWS – $17 million gift creates MSU undergraduate scholars program and supports faculty in EngineeringAlumnus Martin Vanderploeg supports first-generation students and expands engineering research EAST LANSING, Mich. – Michigan State University has received a $17 million gift from an alumnus that will create a signature program to help first-generation students succeed in college and will fund additional endowments to attract and retain faculty leaders in engineering. Martin J. Vanderploeg, a technology pioneer […]
- National Science Foundation STEM Education Research Opportunitiesupdated Jan. 11, 2022 The National Science Foundation (NSF) offers multiple avenues for STEM Education Research activities. A few examples are below – check out upcoming opportunities here. Partnerships for Research and Education in Chemistry (PREC) The CHE Partnerships for Research and Education in Chemistry (PREC) program aims to enable, build, and grow partnerships between […]